The AFX FX-39
is an outstanding dual sport helmet at any price. It fits great, the shield clarity is excellent, the helmet does not lift, it's quiet, and it is an absolute BOMBER deal. We constantly get people who skeptically try it out, then actually contact us after they receive it to tell us it exceeded their expectations.
The important thing to know about the AFX FX-39 is this: The AFX FX-39 is NOT the same as the previous AFX FX-37 helmet in any way. It is made in a different factory, using different materials, and with a different - and much, much better - fit. The fit is a traditional long oval, like a Shoei or HJC, which is the correct shape for North American users. It fits great. Full stop
The 39 has an removable, washable anti-bacterial liner that vents well. It has a sweet quick release on the strap. It is super versatile: it can be worn as a DS helmet with the shield AND visor, in MX setup with just the visor, or street config with just the shield. Most goggles can be worn with any of these configurations (and in most cases, with the shield closed). Best of all the BOMBERS have ridden with this helmet quite a bit and it has virtually no lift at speeds up to 70, maybe more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These helmets run approximately 1/3 - 1/2 size large. We strongly recommend measuring your head circumference and comparing to the fit specs, or contacting us via email here for assistance.
- Great for off road riders who wear glasses
- Also great for off road use in the rain - no sting!!
- Shield is optically correct, compound-curved, scratch-resistant and protects against UV-rays
- Tinted shields available
- Shield can be removed to allow open face riding or goggle use
- 9 points of ventilation with chin, side, forehead, top and rear vents
- Aerodynamic shell design constructed using advanced poly alloy plastic for light weight and strength
- Hypo-allergenic and antimicrobial nylon liner and cheek pads, all of which are removable and washable
- Ample ear cavity space for speakers
- Quick Release Retention system
- Clear coat finish to protect paint & graphics
- DOT and ECE-2205 certified
- Limited Lifetime Warranty