Listen up fellow BOMBERS: FLY is wrong...the Black Ops Convertible jacket is NOT an enduro jacket, it is a MID-LAYER soft shell. They say it is waterproof, Leatt compatible, blah blah, and that may be true....but it is made with a fleece / microfiber soft shell fabric, NOT typical nylon like you would expect. It is not loose enough, long enough, or cut properly for rugged offroad use.
However, it is a well-designed mid-layer, at a damn good price. The cut fits well under an Enduro jacket or an Adventure Touring jacket. For these, it is a great layering piece.. It works with Leatt Braces, and the sleeves zip off, a feature that we really like. It also works well as a casual piece or for camping. For these purposes, it is a darned good piece of kit.
Considering this, we can cut our contact at FLY some slack (plus he helps us a ton...). Despite the fact that he thinks it is an enduro jacket, we know otherwise, and we still like it.
- Tech Shell Construction is lightweight and ultra comfortable
- Windproof, water resistant, breathable membrane helps keep you warm and dry
- Zip-Off Sleeves allow you to quickly and easily convert the jacket into a vest
- Neck Brace Compatible rear zip allows you to wear the jacket with most of today’s neck braces
- Fleece lined interior for added comfort
- Adjustable Vlecro® Cuffs with TPR logo closure
- Internal Rear Storage Pocket allows you to easily stow the zip-off sleeves
- Embroidered and screened reflective logos
- Shock Cord Waist Band helps keep your jacket in place