The BOMBERS feel the MSR Reflex Knee Guard is the overall best off road knee protection sold. We have been selling the Reflex for 3 years, and compared it to literally dozens of guards from brands like Fox, Thor, Fly, EVS, 661, you name it. The BOMBERS recommend these are the best overall.
The Reflex has extensive plastic coverage, an obvious benefit. You get coverage well up the thigh, and well around the sides of the knee. Yet the mechanical hinge gives terrific freedom of movement. They have great quality memory foam padding - you feel you could get hit by a train and your patellas would be smiling. The strap system is easy and very comfortable. The profile is low where it enters the boot, so your boots still fit correctly. They are well vented and not that hot. They stay in place. Best of all, the price....this guard is nearly as complex as some knee braces
, yet is downright cheap.
NOTE (and test to see if you are still paying attention): DISREGARD the markings on these for L and R. Instead, wear them so the clips are on the INNER side of the leg, toward the bike.
- Anatomical low-profile design fits close to the legs and stays firmly in place
- Three wide stabilizer straps
- Unique protective thigh panel which protects against handlebar impact in corners or in the event of a crash
- Anatomically correct to give you a full range of movement without restriction
- Fully ventilated foam and plastic components allow body heat to escape
- Adjustable elastic straps combined with Airprene panels provide a positive fit and keep you cool and comfortable
- “Set and forget” straps, mean you adjust fit once, and use the three speed buckles to install within seconds
- Self-centering knee allows the Reflex to float around your knee cap
- A thick layer of memory foam surrounds your knee cap
- High-impact Polycarbonate shin, Nylon knee and Polypropylene thigh piece work give optimum coverage and maximum range of movement
- Flush flat head pivot screws help reduce wear